Acceptance of Terms
5. The Site and Services provide you with opportunities to link to, or otherwise use, sites and services offered through or by third-party(ies). Your use of these third-party services is subject to terms posted by these third-party(ies). We have no control over any third-party site or service and we are not responsible for any changes to any third-party service or for the contents thereof, including, without limitation, any links that may be contained in or accessible through such third-party service. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these third-party sites or services. Our inclusion of advertisements for, or links to, a third-party site or service does not constitute an endorsement.
About Our Services
6. All Services and the Site are provided on an “AS IS WHERE IS” basis. Newscity Metro makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied (to the extent permitted by law) : (a) as to the use, security, accuracy, reliability, non-infringement, satisfactory quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Site; or (b) that the use of the Site will be uninterrupted and free of any viruses or bugs. 7. In no event shall Newscity Metro or any of its affiliates or related corporations be liable for any loss, injury, damage, claims, costs or expense of any kind arising from any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful elements, communication line failure, breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, copyright infringement, breach of intellectual property right or any other cause of action.
8. All content and materials on the Site are the exclusive property of Newscity Metro or its content suppliers (including AFP and Associated Press), and may be downloaded or printed for your own personal and non-commercial use only. All copyright notices on downloaded or printed material must be retained. Save as specifically permitted here, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, repost, modify, transmit, make available to the public, adapt, create a derivative work or otherwise use or exploit any content on the Site in any way or for any purpose without the express written permission of Newscity Metro or its content suppliers (including AFP and Associated Press). In addition, you may not distribute or make available any part of the Site over any other website or any network.
9. The names, trade marks, service marks and logos (the “Trade Marks”) displayed on the Site are registered or unregistered Trade Marks of Newscity Metro, its affiliates or licensors. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any such Trade Marks. Newscity Metro prohibits use of the Trade Marks as a “hot” link or in-link to any Newscity Metro site or other site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by Newscity Metro in writing.
Submission of Contributions
10. Newscity Metro may provide facilities on the Site to permit you to submit any contribution (including but not limited to any text, graphics, video and/or audio content, and other materials or information) (“Submissions”) to Newscity Metro or to the Site directly. You are solely responsible for your own Submissions, and Newscity Metro only acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of your Submissions. 11. By submitting your Submissions, you agree as follows :- (a) you will not include any content in your Submissions that is or could be unlawful, defamatory, offensive, obscene, dangerous or false, or any content that is protected by copyright or other intellectual property right, without first obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rights-holder, or any content that contains any viruses, bugs or other harmful elements; (b) you hereby grant to Newscity Metro a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free and sub-licensable right and licence to use and exercise all copyright and publicity rights you have in your Submissions in any media and for any purpose; (c) you will not assume a false identity or the identity of another user when using the Site, and you will not use the Site for any unlawful or illegal activities, including but not limited to spamming, harassing or otherwise causing distress to other users. 12. Newscity Metro shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Submissions contributed to the Site, including chat rooms and forums. Newscity Metro shall have the right to remove or delete any material that Newscity Metro, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of these terms or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate without having to assign any reason therefore. In addition, Newscity Metro shall have the right to terminate your use of the Site if it believes that you have violated these terms or for any other reason whatsoever, without notice to you. 13. If you submit or provide any personally identifiable information through the Site, you acknowledge and consent to Newscity Metro collecting and using such information for various purposes, including without limitation, verification and record of your personal particulars, comparing it with information from other sources, to communicate with you and/or to send you information and promotional material about our company or third party organisations selected by us.
If you submit or provide any personally identifiable information through the Site, you acknowledge and consent to Newscity Metro collecting and using such information for various purposes, including without limitation:
14. Where you subscribe for any services on the Site that relates to any advertisement or other similar services, whether as a potential seller or buyer, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that the Site acts as a venue only and Newscity Metro is not responsible for the reliability, accuracy or truthfulness of any information that is posted by other users.
15. You agree to defend and hold Newscity Metro, its affiliates and related corporations from and against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees on an indemnity basis, arising out of your use of the Site or any breach of these terms. In addition, Newscity Metro may use whatever information that is available about you to stop any such breach or any unlawful or inappropriate use of the Site, including informing any third party Newscity Metro deems appropriate of such breach or use and/or disclosing your personal information to such third party.
16. If any of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such term shall be struck out and the remaining terms shall be enforced. Any failure to act by Newscity Metro with respect to any breach by you or others of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions does not waive Newscity Metro’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
17. You hereby agree and acknowledge :- (a) that all electronic communications made pursuant to the use of this Site shall be given legal effect, validity and enforceability and shall have, between the parties thereto, comparable evidential value to that accorded to a signed written document; (b) not to contest the legally binding nature, validity or enforceability of any transaction on the Site on the ground that it was entered into electronically.
18. These terms shall be governed by Singapore laws and any dispute arising out of the use of the Site shall be referred to the Singapore courts.